Using a sub-domain with your Minecraft Server
With our web hosting along side your Minecraft server you can set an A name to use a URL for your IP. Do note that in order to use just the URL without specifying a port that you will need to have the default Minecraft port (25565). We provide default port on request and availability. In most cases we will need to change your server's IP address in order to provide.
Note that you will need to have registered a domain with us with your web hosting in order to set this.
The steps to setting your DNS A name is as follows:
- Login to your cPanel Account
- Scroll down to "Domains"
- Enter the "Simple DNS Zone Editor"
- Look for "Add an A Record"
- For Name enter your subdomain you plan to use (mc for mc.yourdomain.com)
- For Address enter your Minecraft Server's IP address (without port at the end)This will allow anyone to connect to your server via the URL that you just setup, do note that DNS propagation can take up to 12 hours but in most cases it is instant.
Was this answer helpful?
Fragnet.net is now offering performance based web hosting. Once you order your hosting it will...
To connect to your web hosting files via an FTP Client such as FileZilla you will need to enter...
Fantastico is a great little tool that can be used to install a plethora of scripts via cPanel....