COD4 Quick Start Guide
Configuration file location
You can complete your server's setup by editing the configuration files located in
Substitute the * in the above path with the number of the server you wish to setup.
Basic setup options
set sv_hostname “My Server Name”
- Is the name of your server that will appear in the game server list in game.
set rcon_password "My Rcon Password"
- The password required to use the “rcon” commands.
set sv_privatePassword "My Private Password"
- The password required to connect to the server as a private use if the server is currently full.
set g_password "My Server Password"
- If set will lock the server from anyone who doesn’t know the password.
set sv_maxclients "32"
- Sets the maximum number of public player slots. The actual number of public slots is this value minus the sv_privateclients. In this example the sv_privateclients is 12, so the number of public slots would be 20.
set sv_privateclients "12"
- If your server is currently full, the above number of players with the private password will be able to connect.
The map rotation is set as a configuration option in the following format.
set sv_mapRotation "gametype sd map mp_crash gametype war map mp_bog"
Valid gametypes are
Valid map names are
Call of Duty 4 can be administered with the in game remote console, or rcon for short. You will need to set the remote console password in the server configuration file before trying to login with rcon. Once you've set the rcon_password in the server configuration file, you must restart your COD4 server for the changes to take effect. You may now proceed to login with rcon.
Start Call of Duty 4 and connect to your server's IP. Bring up the in game console with "Shift + `" (` is above tab key and bellow ESC). If the console does not appear, check that you have the console enabled in "Options > Game Settings > Enable Console"
In the console command line, type
\rcon login *yourpassword*
Be sure to include the \ before the command else you will *say* instead of run the command.
Here are a few common rcon commands to help you get started
rcon clientkick *slot num*
rcon banclient *slot num*
rcon g_gametype (sd/war/dom/etc)
rcon map (mp_bog/mp_crash/etc)
All console commands must be prefixed with \
Was this answer helpful?
Here is a list of Punkbuster commands for admins:PB_SV_AutoUpdBan [0/1]Set to 1 (defaults to 0)...
We provide you with full access over your server files through both the game panel's integrated...